Superb Starter 3-4-3
$9.40 – $38.93
Slow-release nutrients your plants need for a fast, safe start
Carefully feed your seeds and young, tender plants a balanced blend of nutrients with Garden Maker™ Naturals Superb Starter fertilizer. Along with nitrogen for green growth and potassium for hardiness, this formula includes the phosphorus that young starting plants demand to encourage root development and get off to strong start. Garden Maker™ Naturals Superb Starter contains only all-natural ingredients that will not burn or harm immature plants.
Features and Benefits
- All natural, slow-release ingredients that will not burn immature plants
- Phosphorus to help build strong roots and leaves
- Nitrogen to support green growth
- Potassium to support overall plant hardiness
- Balanced nutrition to get plants off to a healthy, fast start
- Safe for use around children and pets
- No manure, biosolids or sludge
- Coarse powder product form
Starting new lawns, garden seeds and flower beds.
Lawns: Apply Garden Maker™ Naturals Superb Starter at a rate of 15 to 20 lbs per 1,000 square feet before or after seeding.
New container plants: Mix in 2 tablespoons Garden Maker™ Naturals Superb Starter fertilizer per 5 gallons of soil at the time of planting.
New in-ground plantings: Mix ½ cup Garden Maker™ Naturals Superb Starter fertilizer per 5 gallons of soil.
Row plantings: Broadcast ½ cup Garden Maker™ Naturals Superb Starter fertilizer per 10 square feet of planting area. Feed monthly during the growing season with 2 to 3 cups per 10 square feet, working lightly into the surface soil.
Five pounds of Garden Maker™ Superb Starter is approximately 8-12 cups of fertilizer.
Safety & Storage
We recommend storing this fertilizer in a dry, sealed container.
Garden Maker™ Naturals fertilizers are packaged in kraft paper bags that are 100% recyclable, compostable and/or biodegradable.
Download the Material Safety Data Sheet for this product (pdf)
- 25% Wheat middlings – Balanced nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium source with food value for essential soil microbes
- 20% Organic meat and bone meal – Porcine (swine) nitrogen source that also contributes calcium and iron
- 15% Alfalfa meal – Balanced source of nitrogen and potassium that also includes the root stimulant triacontanol
- 15% Distillers grains – An economical source of nitrogen with strong nutritional value for beneficial soil microbes
- 6% NaturalPhos™ organic steamed bone meal – Highly available phosphorus source that also contains calcium
- 5% Organic potassium sulfate – Source of potassium and sulfate mined from the Great Salt Lake
- 5% Dried molasses – Excellent source of carbohydrates to feed microbes in the soil
- 4% Organic soybean meal – Slow-release nitrogen source with other key macro and micronutrients that is also an energy source for soil microbes
- 3% AZOMITE® – Source of calcium, magnesium and a banquet of other essential trace nutrients
- 2% Organic humic acid – Soil conditioner to help chelate soil minerals for optimized uptake in plants
Total Nitrogen (N)……………………………………… 3%
Available Phosphate (P2O5)………………………. 4%
Soluble Potash (K2O)………………………………… 3%