Pasture & Farm 4-1-4
For greener pastures, in your own back yard
Alfalfa-based, food-grade general fertilizer pellets for use anywhere on the farm – even around animals and children. Slow-release nitrogen supports green growth without burning, while phosphorus and the compound triacontanol help stimulate strong root development and overall plant hardiness. Alfalfa also provides a great food source for soil microbes to promote long-term soil health.
Features and Benefits
- Slow-release nitrogen will not burn plants
- Potassium and triacontanol support strong root development
- Contains key trace minerals
- Provides an excellent food source for beneficial soil microbes
- Helps relieve heat stress and promote winter hardiness
- All natural ingredients safe for use around children and pets
- No manure, biosolids or sludge
- Pelleted product form for easy spreading
Pastures, lawns, vegetable farms and fruit orchards.
Garden Maker™ Naturals fertilizers can be applied at any time of year. As in nature, there is no bad time to start building soil fertility.
Initial maintenance (average soil condition): Using a broadcast spreader, apply 20 lbs of Garden Maker™ Naturals Pasture & Farm per 1,000 square feet of turf or soil area. Water immediately (1/2 inch). Most broadcast spreaders, set to 75% open, will disperse approximately 10 lbs per 1,000 square feet per pass.
Ongoing maintenance: Using a broadcast spreader, apply 10 lbs per 1,000 sq ft of Garden Maker™ Pasture & Farm every 60 to 90 days. Water area immediately (1/2 inch).
Total Soil Rejuvenation: For areas of extreme soil exhaustion including areas of long-term chemical dependency, apply 50 lbs per 1,000 square feet. Till soil thoroughly. Allow area to remain unused for a minimum of 60 days. Then plant turf, gardens, or crops, and follow “long-term soil maintenance” directions above.
As in nature, the organic materials in this product release their nutrients slowly thus it may be two to three weeks before results are seen.
Fifty pounds of Garden Maker™ Naturals Pasture & Farm fertilizer is enough for a single application on 2,500 square feet of average condition soil or 1,000 square feet of areas requiring total soil rejuvenation.
Safety & Storage
We recommend storing this fertilizer in a dry, sealed container.
Garden Maker™ Naturals fertilizers are packaged in kraft paper bags that are 100% recyclable, compostable and/or biodegradable.
Download the Material Safety Data Sheet for this product (pdf)
- 38% Wheat middlings – Balanced nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium source with food value for essential soil microbes
- 20% Alfalfa meal – Balanced source of nitrogen and potassium that also includes the root stimulant triacontanol
- 15% Organic feather meal – Cost-effective source of slow-release nitrogen
- 13% Distillers grains – An economical source of nitrogen with strong nutritional value for beneficial soil microbes
- 6% Organic potassium sulfate – Source of potassium and sulfate mined from the Great Salt Lake
- 5% Dried molasses – Excellent source of carbohydrates to feed microbes in the soil
- 3% AZOMITE® – Source of calcium, magnesium and a banquet of other essential trace nutrients
Total Nitrogen (N)……………………………………… 4%
Available Phosphate (P2O5)………………………. 1%
Soluble Potash (K2O)………………………………… 4%