Happy Herbs Starter 3-4-3 (Step 1)
Slow-release nutrients that your plants need for a fast, safe start
Carefully feed your seeds and young, tender plants a balanced blend of nutrients with Garden Maker™ Naturals Happy Herbs Starter fertilizer. Along with nitrogen for green growth and potassium for hardiness, this formula includes the phosphorus that young starting plants demand to encourage root development and get off to a strong start. Garden Maker™ Naturals Happy Herbs Starter contains only all-natural ingredients that will not burn or harm immature plants. Once plants are established, switch to Happy Herbs Vegetative to encourage the next phase of growth.
4 LB. Bag
Step 1 of our 3-part system
- Slow release nutrients that your plants need for a fast, safe start
- Balanced nutrients support strong plant and root development in your plants
- All-natural ingredients will not burn or harm seeds and immature plants
- Coarse powder product form for easy application
Hemp, cannabis and specialty herbs.
New container plants: Mix in 2 tablespoons Garden Maker™ Naturals Happy Herbs fertilizer per 5 gallons of soil at the time of planting.
New in-ground plantings: Mix ½ cup Garden Maker™ Naturals Happy Herbs fertilizer per 5 gallons of soil.
Established container and in-ground plants: Apply ½ cup Garden Maker™ Naturals Happy Herbs fertilizer per foot of plant height every 30 days throughout the growing season. Work gently into the top one inch of soil.
Row plantings: Broadcast ½ cup Garden Maker™ Naturals Happy Herbs fertilizer per 10 square feet of planting area. Feed monthly during the growing season with 2 to 3 cups per 10 square feet, working lightly into the surface soil.
Five pounds of Garden Maker™ Naturals Happy Herbs fertilizer is approximately 8-12 cups of fertilizer.
Safety & Storage
We recommend storing this fertilizer in a dry, sealed container.
Garden Maker™ Naturals fertilizers are packaged in kraft paper bags that are 100% recyclable, compostable and/or biodegradable.
Download the Material Safety Data Sheet for this product (pdf)
- 25% Wheat middlings – Balanced nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium source with food value for essential soil microbes
- 20% Organic Meat and Bone Meal – Porcine (swine) nitrogen source that also contributes calcium and iron
- 15% Alfalfa meal – Balanced source of nitrogen and potassium that also includes the root stimulant triacontanol
- 15% Distillers grains – An economical source of nitrogen with strong nutritional value for beneficial soil microbes
- 6% NaturalPhos™ organic steamed bone meal – Highly available phosphorus source that also contains calcium
- 5% Organic potassium sulfate – Source of potassium and sulfate mined from the Great Salt Lake
- 6% Dried molasses – Excellent source of carbohydrates to feed microbes in the soil
- 4% Organic Soybean Meal – Slow-release nitrogen source with other key macro and micronutrients that is also an energy source for soil microbes
- 3% AZOMITE® – Source of calcium, magnesium and a banquet of other essential trace nutrients
- 2% Organic Humic Acid – Soil conditioner to help chelate soil minerals for optimized uptake in plants
Total Nitrogen (N)……………………………………… 3%
Available Phosphate (P2O5)………………………. 4%
Soluble Potash (K2O)………………………………… 3%