Acid Adoring 4-5-4
$10.39 – $45.11
Designed for high performing flowers and berries that require low pH soil
Give your garden a balanced diet of macro and micronutrients to keep them strong and beautiful from root to bloom or berry – and every part in between. Designed for flowers and berries that love low pH soil, Garden Maker™ Naturals Acid Adoring fertilizer contains a variety of natural and organic ingredients to keep your plants and soil microbes nourished and thriving.
Features and Benefits
- Balanced nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium for strong root, plant, berry and bloom growth
- Rich in micronutrients including iron, for optimal growth and production
- Helps manage soil pH
- All natural ingredients safe for use around children and pets
- No manure, biosolids or sludge
- Coarse powder product form
Plants that thrive in acidic soil, including azaleas, rhododendrons, camellias, hydrangeas, gardenias, evergreens, holly, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, dogwoods, and magnolias.
New plants: Add 1 cup Garden Maker™ Acid Adoring fertilizer per 5 gallons of soil. After planting, sprinkle an additional ½ cup fertilizer around the base of the plant, then apply mulch.
Established plants: Top-dress monthly during the growing season with 1 cup Garden Maker™ Acid Adoring fertilizer per foot of plant height or branch spread. Gently work into the mulch at the base of the plant. Since many acid-loving plants have surface roots, try not to disturb the soil.
Berries: For new berry plants, apply 1 lb Garden Maker™ Acid Adoring fertilizer per 50 feet of row space at planting and 30 days later. For established berry rows, broadcast 2 to 3 lbs per row of space once in the spring, before growth starts, and once again in May.
Five pounds of Garden Maker™ Acid Adoring is enough fertilizer for a single application on 250 row feet of new berry plants or 100 row feet of established berry plants or flowers.
Safety & Storage
We recommend storing this fertilizer in a dry, sealed container.
Garden Maker™ Naturals fertilizers are packaged in kraft paper bags that are 100% recyclable, compostable and/or biodegradable.
Download the Material Safety Data Sheet for this product (pdf)
- 30% Cottonseed meal – Slow-release nitrogen source that won’t raise soil pH
- 11% Alfalfa meal – Balanced source of nitrogen and potassium that also includes the root stimulant triacontanol
- 11% NaturalPhos™ organic steamed bone meal – Highly available phosphorus source with naturally occurring calcium
- 10% Organic meat and bone meal – Porcine (swine) nitrogen source that also contributes calcium and iron
- 10% Wheat middlings – Balanced nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium source with food value for essential soil microbes
- 7% Organic potassium sulfate – Source of potassium and sulfate mined from the Great Salt Lake
- 5% Organic feather meal – Cost-effective source of slow-release nitrogen
- 5% Dried molasses – Excellent source of carbohydrates to feed microbes in the soil
- 3% AZOMITE® – Source of calcium, magnesium and a banquet of other essential trace nutrients
- 3% Organic humic acid – Soil conditioner to help chelate soil minerals for optimized uptake in plants
- 2% Fish meal – Nitrogen and phosphorus source with naturally occurring calcium and unique trace nutrient profile
- 2% Organic kelp meal – Source of iron, manganese and other trace nutrients and contributor to the accumulation of humus in soil
- 1% Organic blood meal – Porcine (swine) source of nitrogen and iron for green leaves
Total Nitrogen (N)……………………………………… 4%
Available Phosphate (P2O5)………………………. 5%
Soluble Potash (K2O)………………………………… 4%