Nitrogen & potassium team up for big, beautiful blooms
Alfalfa meal provides a plant-based balanced source of nitrogen, potassium key trace minerals to feed beneficial soil microbes and support faster, bigger blooms on roses, other flowers and shrubs. Alfalfa meal is also a natural source of calcium, which supports plant structure and vigor, and the compound triacontanol that has been shown to promote root development in plants.
Features and Benefits
- Balanced, plant-based source of nitrogen and potassium
- Key trace minerals, including calcium the compound triacontanol
- Provides an excellent food source for beneficial soil microbes
- Derived from alfalfa, a nitrogen-fixing legume typically grown without adding unnecessary nitrogen fertilizers
- All natural ingredients
- No animal products
- No manure, biosolids or sludge
- Convenient meal product form for easy application
Appropriate for use in vegetable and flower gardens, particularly for roses. Can also be used with container or potted plants, made into tea or mixed into compost. Because of the alkaline pH of alfalfa meal, it is not recommended for plants that require acidic soil.
- 100% alfalfa meal
Total Nitrogen (N)2.5%
Available Phosphate (P2O5)0%
Soluble Potash (K2O)2%
Typical application rates range from 10 to 20 lbs per 1,000 square feet or 1 cup of material per 1 foot of plant height.
This product should be used as a part of a comprehensive total nutrition system to optimize plant development, yield and quantity.
Application rate may be adjusted at your discretion based on your current soil test or other factors.
Safety & Storage
We recommend storing this fertilizer in a dry, sealed container.
Garden Maker™ Naturals fertilizers are packaged in kraft paper bags that are 100% recyclable, compostable and/or biodegradable.Download the Material Safety Data Sheet for this product (pdf)